You know it's Fall when every other day you think about what to make next with the multiple cans of pumpkin in the cupboard. Of course I have to begin with muffins because really who doesn't like some baked goods??!! Muffins actually remind me of the "Muffins" YouTube video HA! This is a really random video. Here it is if you have not seen it...Muffins
I made a variation of these muffins but made a few adjustments because my lack of ingredients.
Pumpkin (Prune) Muffins
1 cup almond meal
1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
2 Tbsp. almond butter
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2-3/4 c. chopped dried prunes**
**Or any other mix-in (raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except dried prunes/mix-in together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Gradually fold in the prunes/mix-in until combined.
4. Spay muffin tin or use liners and scoop in batter evenly.
5. Bake for 34(ish) minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
6. ENJOY! (Store in an airtight container) Makes 6 muffins.
I know you are thinking what the heck Kayla why prunes??!! UGH! Well, I honestly had no other mix-in and I always like a little something else in my muffins so I thought, why not?! These are delicious and turned out really well. The prunes taste much like raisins, don't knock it til you try it!
I'm leaving you with a cute picture of my pup, Toby because he really wanted to say HI to some of my friends! Have a delightful evening!