Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

S'mores Cookies, Oh My!

I'm back! This past week a storm hit NOVA and the DC/MD area. Therefore, I did not have electricity for 4 days! I was left thinking during that time...how did people live when there was no electricity? We rely so much on technological and electrical items these days it is crazy how we freak out when power is lost. But all is well now :)

On to more important things, how was everyone's holiday? I hope everyone had a fabulous Independence Day where you were able to see some awesome fireworks and enjoy time with your loved ones. I did not do too much besides get a sweaty run and lift in, and head to the pool for a dip. I was not in the mood to fight the crowds in D.C. to watch the fireworks. I also had some time to do some baking for Friday which is when I get to my family!

I am sharing with you a yummy recipe. These cookies are so very delicious, easy to make, and require very few ingredients. However, they are not healthy cookies but but we all need a treat every now and again...am I right?! I used a variation of Picky Palate's recipe...Peanut Butter S'mores Cookies.

Ingredients:

-1 box yellow cake mix

-8 Tbsp. butter, softened

-1 egg

-1/2 cup peanut butter

-A few hand fulls of mini marshmallows

-24 small squares of Hershey's Chocolate bar



1. Preheat oven  for 350 degrees. Place butter and egg into the mixer and cream together. Add peanut butter until combined. Next, add cake mix one half at a time. Keep mixing until all is combined (you may need to finish by hand).

2.  Use a cookie scooper to scoop dough out of the bowl and place on ungreased baking sheet about 1 1/2 in. apart, and flatten.




3.  Place a piece of chocolate bar in the middle of each cookie and put marshmallows around the outside of the chocolate bar on the cookie.

4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and place on cooling rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!


Have a fun weekend continuing your festivities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment