Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Faux Lara Balls and Swim Workout!

Today I had the day off thanks to Columbus. Therefore, it was kitchen time. I also got to workout on my own time which meant swimming with all the old people at the pool. We had a good time chatting...old people are so awesome. I didn't talk the whole time unfortunately. Here is the workout I did:

600 warm-up choice
6x75 (25 kick, 50 swim)
6x50 (Breathe 3-5-7 x 50)
3 x( 25 FAST/ 50 easy
        50 FAST/ 75 easy
        75 FAST/ 100 easy)
2x200 Kick choice build
200 cool-down
Total: 3075

Short and sweet! Besides the lovely swim I also made a version of a recipe I saw online the other day...I call them...

Faux 'Lara' Balls 

24 Dates, chopped

1/2 c. unsweetened dried coconut

1/4 c. whole almonds

2 Tb. cocoa powder

2 Tb. almond butter

1 tsp. vanilla

dash of sea salt 



Place all ingredients into a food processor and let it go for about 2 minutes. Stir and let it go for another minute. The mixture will be crumbly.


 Make into uniform balls. 



Store in the fridge, this makes about 14 balls. These are great for a quick pick-me-up snack or treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment