Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Perfect Pancake (Wheat free!)

 Oh pancakes, I have a love-hate relationship with you...

I love eating pancakes.  I hate making batches upon batches of them and then only eat half. Therefore, when I want one I just make a single serving version. I am pretty sure I have perfected the wheat free version...you should try it.



The Perfect Pancake
{Single serving & wheat free}

2 egg whites

2-3 Tb. coconut milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 Tb. coconut flour

1 1/2 Tb. almond flour 

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/2 Tb. chia seeds 

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Optional toppings/additions:  blueberries, cinnamon apples, coconut, bananas, strawberries, almond butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, etc.

Combine all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir until combined. Heat a small skillet on medium heat and spray pan with EVOO. Pour batter into pan and cook on one side until bubbles start to form. Flip pancake and finish cooking.  Top with whatever your heart desires.

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment