Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quick Breakfast: Berry Cherry Smoothie

There are many mornings that I literally crawl out of bed, get ready in 1o minutes, grab my lunch, and head out the door. However, breakfast is something that takes more time if I have not prepared it the night before. This leaves me with like 3 minutes to prepare something, and what better than to whip up a smoothie?

I have been on a smoothie kick for awhile, not sure why. It's typical for me to go through phases because I'm just like that (besides peanut butter which is just a pure obsession). 

 Here is one of my favorite smoothies, it's a mix of fruit, healthy fats, and protein!


Berry Cherry Smoothie 

1 medium banana (cut into chunks)

1/2 c. Very Cherry Berry Blend (from Trader Joe's)

1-2 Tb. shredded unsweetened coconut

1/2-1 scoop vanilla protein powder (amount depends on you)

dash of cinnamon

4-5 ice cubes

1 c. unsweetened almond milk   

 Directions: Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency. Pour into 2 glasses or drink the whole thing if you want, it's good so drink it up! ENJOY :)



Have a great rest of your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment