Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Maple Bacon Pumpkin Oatmeal..YUP!

Well I'm back from all the wedding and honeymoon shenanigans and let me tell you...it was fabulous.  I NEEDED a honeymoon!!!!  I'm just not sure how people don't take honeymoons after their wedding, major props to you if you did or plan to do that.  Also, if you are deciding on a place to go, Punta Cana was AWESOME! Specifically the Excellence at Punta Cana...amazing staff, rooms, FOOD, drinks, free things! Pure greatness. 

Anywho, if you follow me on Instagram you would have seen this picture I posted...

So yeah, basically Betty Crocker is going crazy...and I thought how gross. I really wanted to like the whole thing but come on..really??  I decided this would be totally acceptable if I made this from scratch..right?  

This combination got me to thinking on Sunday morning as I was about to make pumpkin oatmeal...wait a minute...
Maple...Bacon...Pumpkin...Oatmeal. Yeah. DONE!  I present  you my recipe for awesomeness. 

Not the most photogenic...but pure delicious.


{Maple Bacon Pumpkin Oatmeal}

1/2 c. organic rolled oats

1/4 c. pumpkin puree

1/4 c. almond milk

1/4 c. water

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/2- 1 Tb. Grade B organic maple syrup

1-2 slices  bacon, cooked & chopped into bits

Optional:  1/2 Tb. almond butter 
(Just because it completes me)


Combine oats, pumpkin puree, almond milk, water, and pumpkin pie spice in microwavable bowl on in a saucepan.  Place in the microwave, covered, and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.  Or place in a saucepan on medium heat and cook until thoroughly cooked.  Next, top with chopped bacon bits, maple syrup, and maybe a dash of cinnamon.

OMG.  I've been missing out. You should try it, just do it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment