Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Memories, Growth, And A PROTEIN DRANK

Do you ever look back into your life and think how the heck did I do that, why did I do that, or I wish I could relive that again, etc.? I find myself doing this a lot, but lately it's been recognizing the growth of myself and others in the past few years...

Yesterday, my CrossFit box had their annual AM vs. PM Throwdown and while I did not compete I reminisced on the first time I was a part of the throwdown.  I clearly remember one of the workouts containing 95 lb front squats.  Now that may not sound hard to a lot of people but at that time 2 years ago I was unable to power clean the 95 lbs to complete the front squats!! :( Well take a trip into my workout yesterday that contained a total of 50 power cleans at 95lbs...and that wasn't bad ;)

This got me to thinking how much I really have grown & improved over the past 2 years. I tend to get down on myself a lot during workouts not being able to complete certain skills. BUT it is always great to look back at see past performances and the capabilities of the human body with continued training. Progress people.


I also LOVE to see the growth of my box mates! Having the ability to watch them yesterday makes me so proud of their accomplishments and successes in their fitness journeys. So whether I say it to them or not you all are recognized! Great work, keep it up!


Next, I have a really good protein drink! Like one of the best I've ever made.  It contains peanut butter (can't get enough, ever), coffee (some have mixed feelings with coffee post workout, it's a small amount so you decide), coconut milk, cinnamon, and protein powder. YUM!



PB Cafe Protein Drank

1/4 c. coconut milk

1/2 c. water

1/2 c. coffee

1 Tb. peanut butter or other nut butter

Dash of cinnamon

1 scoop protein (I used vanilla SFH)

6 ice cubes

Place all ingredients into a blender and go go go until all combined. Enjoy!



Lastly, on this day last year we were preparing the final details of the day to come, spending time with lots of family, and shedding happy tears of walking down the aisle. Yes, tomorrow is our 1st anniversary of taking the plunge :)  Can not believe it's been a year already but what a big year! Here's to many more!!!!! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment