Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Paleo Challenge for 2014! Eekk!

Well hello there! I have been long gone on this little blog thing because I do what I want, am I right?! Yes. However, I am going to begin a Paleo Challenge (eek I know!) and I wanted to write about my experience as I went along. 

I have been eating somewhat "Paleo" for the past few months. Yes, it's been a bit of a change but I've been trying out some different things to make and it's been fun! Now I don't get into all this craziness with this way of eating and people seriously get their panties in a bunch about what is Paleo and what isn't and how it's good or bad. But with a lot of research I've read I decided to take it on and focus on a 6 week "Paleo Challenge" with my CrossFit box. (Yes, I do CrossFit and yes I call it a "box").  I thought it was the perfect opportunity because others will be completing the challenge and it's always good to have that support!


WHAT DO YOU EAT?

Basically, you eat REAL food. No, not food that comes out of the freezer section wrapped in plastic that is marked "natural".  BUT real, whole food...


Examples (this is not a complete list):

-grass fed beef
-free range chicken
-wild caught fish
-cage free eggs
-bacon (higher quality)
-lamb (higher quality)
-pork (higher quality)
-vegetables--lots of color! (asparagus, artichokes, carrots, spinach, peppers, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.)
-coconut milk (full fat)/almond milk
-coconut oil
-extra virgin olive oil
-nuts & seeds (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
-fruits (avocado, apples, blueberries, lime, lemon, raspberries, etc.)

*Sparingly eaten foods (consider physical activity)--> sweet potatoes, bananas, acorn squash, yams

**Organic for most if possible

The meals will be around 3-4 per day and will consist of a protein, vegetable, and healthy fat! The sweet potatoes/bananas (w/almond butter...duh) will be kept for post workout either a part of the meal or snack. Woohoo!

I will also keep my CrossFit workouts to 3x a week and probably 2 more sessions of some kind of activity. So basically sticking to 5x week exercise. 


Of course these are my goals and hopes. If something happens that strays from my goals I will try to fix what I can to stay with it! Here's to determination! (...or at least that's what I am thinking in my head).

Basically, the reason I am doing this is to see how my body reacts to this type of eating since I am that one who will enjoy too many sweets all the time...I mean especially during this holiday season. It's New Year's Resolution time so perfect opportunity...am I right?! So with some measurements and my physical/mental state it will help me to determine my future with the Paleo way of eating.


So with further a due I am taking on this Paleo Challenge craziness! Woohoo! Who is with me?! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment