Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 2: Paleo Challenge {In the Swing of Things}

How's is going? Week 2 is sort of like "okay I know what I need to do, so it's sticking to it" type of week. After Week 1 and figuring out a schedule of planning my cooking/snacks this week it was more of just ensuring I stuck to the planning. I know sometimes it is time consuming to prepare all  your meals by scratch but I personally love cooking so this thing is fun for me!  However, the recipes I make do NOT take a lot of time. 

So if you read my post on snacks the other day you may have seen some sugar in them!! You guys caught me...dang it. Yes, I had a little bit of sugar this week.  However, I did not include the fruits as I had been planning to. So some natural sugars were okay for me.  Those sweet potato fries were the best things ever...I didn't even need ketchup (sugar haven). 

So with further a due...meals and workouts for Week 2...

Week 2 Eats:

Breakfasts:
-eggs+spinach, avocado
-grass-fed burger + broccoli
-eggs+ bacon +broccoli/kale
-spinach + artichoke omlette + bacon

*all breakfast included coffee+coconut milk


Lunches:
-grass-fed burger + broccoli +olives
-salad (carrots, peppers, avocado) + chicken
-Chipotle salad bowl (carnitas, pico de gallo, grilled veggies, guacamole)
-chicken thighs +yellow squash + cauliflower soup
-bison burger + cauliflower soup 
-Applegate hotdog + sweet potato fries w/ almond butter


Dinners:
-Chicken thighs + squash + paleo muffin (egg, coconut oil, coconut flour, garlic powder, baking powder, pepper, salt)
-Grassfed burger + cauliflower soup w/ pesto
-Grilled salmon + veggies + salad (balsamic)
-Bison burger + broccoli & parsnips 
 -Chipotle salad ( carnitas, pico de gallo, guacamole, fajita veggies)
-PaleOMG Pizza Spaghetti Pie + salad 



Snacks:
-hard boiled eggs
-almond coconut balls
-paleo muffin (coconut flour, egg, vanilla, baking powder, coconut milk topped with almond butter/walnuts)
-sunbutter + carrots 
-sweet potato fries



Workouts:
-CrossFit: Press (3x5), 15 AMRAP : 15 Push Press, 15 KB Swings, 15 Abmat Situps)
-CrossFit: Tabata circuit, 20 AMRAP: 8 Strict Pull-ups, 8 Box Jumps, 12 KB Swings
-35 minutes cardio (holy incline)
-20 min. spin in class + REST
-CrossFit: Buddy WOD (60 DL, 60 Burpee Pull-ups/Box Jumps, 60 Cleans, 60 T2B, 2 Rope Climbs) + 3 mile run
-CrossFit Strength:  Deadlifts (5x3) @ 190, 3 ct. strict pull-ups, farmer carries...grip killers...

No comments:

Post a Comment