Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Random Paleo Nom-ing Recipes

Well hello! Stopping in this week to give you a few recipes I've been cooking up lately.  Try some if you want, but no hard feelings if you don't. I won't know anyways...

I called the post RANDOM because it is random, and I am random so it's only appropriate! Speaking of random I just want to stop and say that my job makes me laugh so much.  Sometimes I have to stop and think like did that really just happen?! Oh geez, some days are crazier than others but I wouldn't trade it for anything else!  Working in the fitness industry just makes my day :) 

Here is what you have coming... Bangin' Banana Bread, Cocoa Avocado Pudding, & Paleo Basil Pesto. Told you it was random...


Bangin' Banana Bread {Paleo}

2 medium ripe bananas, peeled

3 Tb. honey (or up to 1/4-1/3 c. if you like sweeter)

1/4 c. coconut oil, melted

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. almond flour

1/3 c. coconut flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt


Preparation:  Preheat oven for 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.  Combine all liquid ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined. Scrape the sides and pour in the dry ingredients.  Pulse until combined (do not over mix!!!). Pour the batter into the prepared load pan and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.  **Time for baking may differ but it should be ready between 40-50 minutes** Let cool & ENJOY!

I like to eat my bread topped with almond or sunbutter and a sprinkle of coconut! YUMMM


Cocoa Avocado Pudding {Individual Serving}

1/2 avocado, mashed

2 Tb. raw cocoa

1 tsp. honey

1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preparation:  Combine all the ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.  Enjoy by itself or try on top of a sweet potato for a snack!

 

Paleo Basil Pesto

2 cups, fresh & washed basil

2-3 garlic cloves, chopped

2 Tb. almond butter

Salt & pepper to taste

Dash of onion & garlic powder (optional)

1/4-1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:  Combine the basil and garlic cloves in food processor and blend until chopped very fine.  Add in the almond butter and seasonings.  While it is processing pour in the olive oil until consistency is reached.  You want a smooth consistency :) YUMMMMM.

I used the pesto to mix with my spaghetti squash, top my eggs, or burgers! I don't have a picture because I ate it all...oops. 
Here is a picture you might like instead. Random yet again, but beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment