Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breakfast Time!

Good morning y'all! I know you are looking for a Tabata post and I am working on it there were a few setbacks in the past few days with life ya know!



So this morning I have a post about BREAKFAST! As you have heard so many times...Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The body is fasting through the night and breakfast is needed to kick start your metabolism! Research shows that breakfast skippers tend to eat more calories at the next meal or snack on high calorie foods to keep off hunger until lunch. Therefore, lets eat some breakfast people!


I have a ritual of oatmeal for breakfast most days of the week. It is a great choice because you can decide what you put in it. The cooking of my oatmeal is done in the refrigerator. Yes, I put all the ingredients in a bowl and let it sit overnight and eat it cold in the morning. Don't knock it until you try it!




This morning I made a Blueberry Coconut Protein Oatmeal bowl. I always have some sort of base for my oatmeal and then decide on add-ins for whatever I am feeling that day. Below is a picture of the oatmeal for this morning:


Blueberry Coconut Protein Oatmeal:


-1/3 cup organic old fashion oats
-1/3 cup almond milk
-1/3-1/2 cup water
-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
-1 1/2 Tbsp. dried coconut
-1-1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder of choice
-1 Tbsp. raisins
-1/2 cup blueberries

I placed all the ingredients into a bowl, mixed them together and covered the bowl with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to "cook" overnight. Take out of the refrigerator in the morning mix it up and top with a tablespoon of almond butter if you want for a little extra protein and healthy fats. Enjoy!


As you can tell...I really liked it. Just a bit :) Try it and let me know what you think. Have a delightful day!









No comments:

Post a Comment