Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy June!

How are we all doing this lovely Monday? My weekend was wonderful being able to see my parents, grandparents, and doggy!
 
Toby, my dog!
 With this being the first week of June we all have the opportunity to set some goals for ourselves. This can be workout goals, weight loss goals, work goals, etc. A few things to think about before you begin to set them...we need to learn how to set attainable goals. I come in contact with many clients who come to me and say "I want to lose ___pounds in ____weeks." This is such a common conversation and the first thing I ask them is "Why?" What is the reason they want to do this? What good comes of it for them? Doing this helps us realize if they are really trying to lose this weight for themselves...not for their friends, family, or significant other but for THEM! 

Let's think about our current summer goals...are you trying to accomplish them for YOU?! 

June Calendar

Next,  what kind of time frame are we working towards? If it is a month we have 4-6 weeks to make a habit, focus on our diet, exercise, etc. 21 days is the amount of time needed to make a habit of something. Therefore, if we are trying to change a habit our diet this time frame is sufficient to change!

Let's go ahead and begin planning this week so by the end of June we will have made a positive habit or change for the summer season!

What are your goals? What do you have planned for the summer?
My goal for the month of June is to get back to running. After a minor set back I am recovering from a slight injury and hopefully by the end of June I will be back! My plans for the summer involve working at my awesome job, exploring the wonderful city of D.C., and spending time with my family :)


Later this week I have a post planned for Tabata training...watch for it! Have a wonderful week! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment